Natszal: "Left" (5:2) LAHAYE & JENKINS

The Rapture Series

Why Do you Believe?          What Do you Believe?             How Do You Believe?              Who Do You Believe?

“Reason to Believe

Natszal: "Left" (5:2)

“LEFT”

THE EARTH'S LAST DAYS

TIM LAHAYE & JERRY B. JENKINS

“Well, that's true. I sure wouldn't want to be doing what you're doing.” “But I'm not wrong, Cameron. Test my information.” “How?” “I'll predict what's going to come out of the U.N. within two weeks, and if I'm right,

you start treating me with a little deference, a little respect.” Buck realized that he and Dirk had been sparring the way everyone at Princeton had during weekend pizza and beer bashes in the dorms. “Dirk, listen. That sounds

interesting, and I'm listening. But you do know, don't you, all kidding aside, that I wouldn't think any less of you even if you were way off base here?” “Well, thanks, Cam. Really. That means a lot to me. And for that little tidbit, I'm

going to give you a bonus. I'm not only going to tell you that the U.N. resolution is going to be for dollars, marks, and yen within five years, but I'm also going to tell you that the real power behind the power is an American.”

“What do you mean, the power behind the power?” “The mightiest of the secret group of international money men.” “This guy runs the group, in other words?” “He's the one who shot down sterling as one of the currencies and has dollars in

mind for the one world commodity in the end.” “I'm listening.” “Jonathan Stonagal.” Buck had hoped Dirk would name someone ludicrous so he could burst into

laughter. But he had to admit, if only to himself, that if there was anything to this, Stonagal would be a logical choice. One of the richest men in the world and long known as an American power broker, Stonagal would have to be involved if serious global finance was being discussed. Though he was already in his eighties and appeared infirm in news photos, he not only owned the biggest banks and financial institutions in the United States, but he also owned or had huge interests in the same throughout the world.

Though Dirk was a friend, Buck had felt the need to play him along a bit, to keep him eager to provide information. “Dirk, I'm going back to bed. I appreciate all this and find it very interesting. I'm going to see what comes out of this U.N. deal, and I'm also going to see if I can trace the movements of Jonathan Stonagal. If it happens the way you think, you'll be my best informant. Meanwhile, see if you can find out for me how many are in this secret group and where they meet.”

“That's easy,” Dirk had said. “There are at least ten, though more than that sometimes come to the meetings, including some heads of state.” “U.S. presidents?” “Occasionally, believe it or not.”

“That's sort of one of the popular conspiracy theories here, Dirk.”

“That doesn't mean it isn't true. And they usually meet in France. I don't know why. Some kind of private chalet or something there gives them a sense of security.” “But nothing escapes your friend of a friend of a relative of a subordinate of a

secretary, or whatever.”

“Laugh all you want, Cam. Our guy in the group, Joshua Todd-Cothran, may just not be quite as buttoned down as the rest.” “Todd-Cothran? Doesn't he run the London Exchange?” “That's the guy.” “Not buttoned-down? How could he have that position and not be? Plus, who ever

heard of a Brit who was not buttoned-down?” “It happens.” “Good night, Dirk.” Of course, it had all proven correct. The U.N. made its resolution. Buck discovered

that Jonathan Stonagal had lived in the Plaza Hotel in New York during the ten days of the confab. Mr. Todd-Cothran of London had been one of the more eloquent speakers, expressing such eagerness to see the matter through that he volunteered to carry the torch back to the prime minister regarding Great Britain moving to the mark from the pound.

Many Third World countries fought the change, but within a few years the three currencies had swept the globe. Buck had told only Steve Plank of his tip on the

U.N. meetings, but he didn't say where he'd gotten the information, and neither he nor Plank felt it worth a speculative article. “Too risky,” Steve had said. Soon they both wished they had run with it in advance. “You'd have become even more of a legend, Buck.”

Dirk and Buck had become closer than ever, and it wasn't unusual for Buck to visit

London on short notice. If Dirk had a serious lead, Buck packed and went. His trips had often turned into excursions into countries and climates that surprised him, thus he had packed the emergency gear. Now, it appeared, it was superfluous. He was stuck in Chicago after the most electrifying phenomenon in world history, trying to get to New York.

Despite the incredible capabilities of his laptop, there was still no substitute for the pocket notebook. Buck scribbled a list of things to do before setting off again: Call Ken Ritz, charter pilot Call Dad and Jeff Call Hattie Durham with news of family Call Lucinda Washington at the local hotel Call Dirk Durton

The phone awakened Rayford Steele. He had not moved for hours. It was early evening and beginning to get dark. “Hello?” he said, unable to mask the sleepy huskiness in his voice.

“Captain Steele?” It was the frantic voice of Hattie Durham.

“Yes, Hattie. Are you all right?”

“I've been trying to reach you for hours! My phone was dead for the longest time,

then everything was busy. I thought I was getting a ring on your phone, but you

never answered. I don't know anything about my mother or my sisters. What about

you?”

Rayford sat up, dizzy and disoriented. “I got a message from Chloe,” he said.

“I knew that,” she said. “You told me at O'Hare. Are your wife and son all right?”

“No?”

Rayford was silent. What else was there to say?

“Do you know anything for sure?” Hattie asked.

“I'm afraid I do,” he said. “Their bedclothes are here.”

“Oh, no! Rayford, I'm sorry! Is there anything I can do?”

“No, thanks.”

“Do you want some company?”

“No, thanks.”

“I'm scared.”

“So am I, Hattie.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Keep trying to get Chloe. Hope she can come home or I can get to her.”

“Where is she?”

“Stanford. Palo Alto,”

“My people are in California, too,” Hattie said. “They've got all kinds of trouble out

there, even worse than here.”

“I imagine it's because of the time difference,” Rayford said. “More people on the

roads, that sort of thing.”

“I'm scared to death of what's become of my family.”

“Let me know what you find out, Hattie, OK?”

“I will, but you were supposed to call me. 'Course my phone was dead, and then I

couldn't get through to you.”

“I wish I could say I tried to call you, Hattie, but I didn't. This is hard for me.”

“Let me know if you need me, Rayford. You know, just someone to talk to or be with.” “I will. And you let me know what you find out about your family.” He almost wished he hadn't added that. Losing his wife and child made him realize

what a vapid relationship he had been pursuing with a twenty-seven-year-old woman. He hardly knew her, and he certainly didn't much care what happened to her family any more than he cared when he heard about a remote tragedy on the news. He knew Hattie was not a bad person. In fact, she was nice and friendly. But that was not why he had been interested in her. It had merely been a physical attraction, something he had been smart enough or lucky enough or naive enough not to have acted upon. He felt guilty for having considered it, and now his own grief would obliterate all but the most common courtesy of simply caring for a coworker.

“There's my call waiting,” she said. “Can you hold?” “No, just go ahead and take it. I'll call you later.” “I'll call you back, Rayford.” “Well, OK.”

Prophecy Digested

Prove All Things knowing that all Prophecy is about Jesus and God revealing His Son…To us..for our…Salvation. We post material that is questionable, objectionable, and in the opinion of the Editor of the Prophetic Perspective, valid to use as God chooses to. Sometimes that is highly suspect as material setting “dates” of the Rapture is, but often these posts, may have pieces that are correct to futher study.  

“Rarely is anyone ALL RIGHT or ALL WRONG”

Michael James Stone

Fair Use Notice

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work herein is archived under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.

          One Thousand Years”

              “a Biblical Prophecy site”

Last Days of the Last Generation                                “Last Generation”

                                      The simple format                                                                                      “the prophecy site just about prophecy”

‘IN THE LATTER DAYS, PEOPLE WOULD BE LOVERS OF SELF RATHER THAN LOVERS OF GOD’

We do well to seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness

Not a political or personal agenda

Just Jesus

PLEASE!

This material was brought to you by Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity. Last Call Digest, is a ministry of Michael James Stone, volunteers, and people dedicated to the Love of God and Salvation of Souls. It is an aggragate of Christian Material selected to Bless you and Prepare you for each and every day you read them. May God Bless You as You Do!! Reading these Devotions will help you to prepare daily for life, living, and your Lord. You will hear God Speak To You thru them.  Jesus  is Coming Very Soon.

Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity, operates by you, with you, and for you. “Freely you have received, freely give”  Pass this on, everywhere you can, anytime you can, anyway you can. You will be blessed if you do.LastCallDigest@michaeljamesstone.com

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.

The material is being made available in an effort to understand scripture, news, technology and society especially as it relates to God and Jesus. It is specifically for non-profit research and educational purposes only. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. This is a completely non-commercial site for private personal use. No fee is charged, and no money is made off of the operation of this site. Nor is any implied reciprocal gratuities implied or construed.

Posted via email from The Last Call Digest

Translate