LastCall: WHY GOD CRIPPLES (pt1) -Chuck Smith

WHY GOD CRIPPLES (pt1)

And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and

the [socket] of Jacob’s [hip] was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name?

And he said, Jacob. [In Hebrew, Jacob means “Heel-catcher.”] And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: [Israel means “governed by God” in Hebrew] for as a prince hast thou power with God and with man, and hast prevailed (Genesis 32:24–28).

I believe God is in control of my life, and therefore, nothing happens to me by accident.

I believe that God rules the affairs of my life; each thing that takes place has been ordained by God.

I also believe that God loves me supremely.

Believing these things often creates problems inmy mind. There are times when I have very painful experiences and I’m hurt or sorrowed. I have difficulty reconciling the fact that God controls my life and loves me supremely with the pain that I sometimes go through.

“If God loves me,” I reason, “then why is He allowing this to happen to me?”

I think that I wouldn’t inflict pain on someone I love.

Why is God allowing me to suffer?

But that really isn’t true, for in looking back I can see that I have often hurt those I love. I remember, for instance, that when our children were growing up, the boys would often run into the street without looking in both directions for oncoming cars.

After repeatedly reminding them to be cautious when they crossed the street, I finally had to spank them for dashing into the street without looking first.

Now why did I inflict pain on those little guys I loved so much?

Because I knew that if they didn’t learn not to run intothe street, they might really be hurt. To spare them the tremendous pain and suffering of being hit by a car,

I deliberately inflicted a lighter pain on them.

(Continued)

Devotions with Emotion

Michael James Stone

Fair Use Notice

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work herein is archived under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.

Last Call

‘Your Devotion with Emotion’

This material was brought to you by Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity. Last Call Digest, is a ministry of Michael James Stone, volunteers, and people dedicated to the Love of God and Salvation of Souls. It is an aggragate of Christian Material selected to Bless you and Prepare you for each and every day you read them. May God Bless You as You Do!! Reading these Devotions will help you to prepare daily for life, living, and your Lord. You will hear God Speak To You thru them. 

Jesus  is Coming Very Soon.

Last Call Digest

“the simple format”

Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity, operates by you, with you, and for you. “Freely you have received, freely give”  Pass this on, everywhere you can, anytime you can, anyway you can. You will be blessed if you do. mrnetbizness@gmail.com

Last Days of the Last Generation                                                                                 “Last Generation”

                                      The simple format                                                                                      “the prophecy site just about prophecy”

Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity Journalist

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.

The material is being made available in an effort to understand scripture, news, technology and society especially as it relates to God and Jesus. It is specifically for non-profit research and educational purposes only. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. This is a completely non-commercial site for private personal use. No fee is charged, and no money is made off of the operation of this site. Nor is any implied reciprocal gratuities implied or construed.

Posted via email from The Last Call Digest

Translate