Spend Time in God's Presence ~ Joyce Meyer






As for me, I will continue beholding Your face in righteousness (right-ness, justice, and right standing with You); I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake [to find myself] beholding Your form [and having sweet communion with You].

— Psalm 17:15


There is a God-shaped hole inside every one of us, and we cannot buy something across the counter to fill that hole. The only thing that is going to fill that craving is God Himself. One prayer will not be enough. We have to have daily maintenance. The Bible says,

  "Ever be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit."

(Ephesians 5:18)


I spent years trying to find a time to fit God into my day. God finally told me to stop trying to work Him into my schedule, but to work my schedule around Him.

Contentment is found in the Lord's presence. 



The Psalms proclaim that the fullness of joy is in God's presence:


"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore."
(Psalms 16:11)

We will be fully satisfied when we awake to find ourselves beholding His form and having sweet communion with Him. 


When God is first in our lives to the point where He is the first thing on our minds when we wake up in the morning, we will have a depth of satisfaction that no devil can take away from us.

Translate