The surety of His presence ~ Jon Courson


Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. - James 4:8

One of my favorite verses in all of the Bible: Draw nigh to God, and He might draw nigh to you. No. Draw nigh to God, and He will sometimes draw nigh to you. No. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. That’s a promise! Don’t let anyone cast aspersions on God’s goodness or nature by saying, ‘I tried to get close to the Lord, but He is just so far from me.’


The Bible says He will draw nigh — always.


People say to me, ‘I’ve tried, but I can’t seem to connect with God.’

‘I don’t believe you,’ I lovingly answer, ‘because God’s Word says He will always draw near to us if we draw near to Him, and I have found this promise to be true. Without fail, every time I have been serious about seeking God, He has made Himself known to me through a Scripture, in my heart, or through the Body.’


Sometimes, gang, we need to lovingly say to those who whine about feeling far from God even though they claim they have tried to draw near to Him, ‘You’re deceiving yourself, or you’re trying to deceive me because God’s Word says that if you take the time and expend the energy to draw near to Him, He will draw near to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate