Returning favor ~ David McGee


1 Corinthians 2:9-10

9 But as it is written:
'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man.
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.'

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
NKJV

Life Lesson

When you are not sure of things or circumstances, go back to what you do know.

I have many times heard pastors teach verse nine but fail to move on to verse ten. When one teaches only verse nine, it gives the impression that we cannot know what God has prepared for us. But continue to verse ten, and we learn that we do have access to the mysteries of God through His Holy Spirit. God has not left us stranded on the rusty and rickety old bridge of uncertainty.

When we are not sure of things or circumstances, we should go back to what we do know. Remind yourself..."God, I know You love me. I know my sins are forgiven. I know You will use all things for my good. I know You have a plan for me."

The moment we realize God loves us and has forgiven us, other mysteries of life don't have to strike fear in our hearts. Instead, we can boldly step out into those things He created for us to do. When God reveals Himself to us, He gives us the responsibility to share Him with others.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your kindness and grace to reveal Yourself to me. Lord, draw me close to You and show me Your plan for my life. Give me the strength to share Your simple message to reach others. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate