Develop a Lifestyle of Giving ~ Joyce Meyer


For God so loved the world that He gave.
— John 3:16

God is working amazing financial miracles for us so that we can operate the world ministry that we now have. But even in the earlier years of our lives, when we went through hard times financially, we still sowed the tithe. We just had enough to pay our bills and then we had to believe God for everything else that came in.

When I look back, some of those leaner times hold my best memories and were the most fun times for us. I had a little prayer book that I kept and one time I wrote down, "Dear Father, I need twelve new dishtowels and I don't have the money to buy them. Please provide those dishtowels." One day, a friend of mine rang the doorbell and said, "I hope you don't think I am totally insane, but I believe God told me to bring you a dozen dishtowels."

The excitement of God hit me and I almost knocked her over as I screamed with delight and shouted, "That's God!" Who gets that excited over dishtowels these days? But excitement comes into your life when you begin to live God's way.

If you need financial miracles, don't be afraid to obey God concerning your finances. Begin proving God's power to bless you by tithing and then giving even beyond that. As a couple, Dave and I are both trying to live a lifestyle of giving, and we enjoy giving away more every year. As we obey God and give when He leads us to do so, somebody always gives back to us and keeps us in that realm of exciting miracles. We actually search for ways to give. We don't wait for some great feeling to come over us; we give on purpose and with purpose. As a result, our joy and prosperity are always increasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate