A study of heart and mind~Jon Courson




O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called; Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.


1 Timothy 6:20-21



After telling us that professionally, we’re to be good workers, and financially, we are to be content and generous, Paul moves to his third and final exhortation concerning the Church and her ministry to the world when he says that intellectually, we are to be true to the Word.

If you want to navigate life now and eternally without being embarrassed, study the Scriptures, and do what they tell you to do. Without exception, the times of which I’m ashamed are the times I didn’t do what the Word said to do. When I violated the Word, when I did my own thing, when I chose to ignore a command or a principle, it always ended in error and shame.

May the Lord continue to help us walk wisely in these dark and treacherous days. May the Lord give us a heart to continue to study the Word — not academically only, but with a determination to obey it practically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate