The Point of Belief! ~ Jon Courson


So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Hebrews 3:19

Gang, the key not only to ministry, but to every area of spirituality is found in John 10 ...

Of John the Baptist, Jesus said, ‘This is the greatest man who ever lived.’ Yet Scripture also records John did no mighty miracles (John 10:41). So what made John the greatest man who ever lived? One thing: He wasn’t talking about power in prayer; he wasn’t teaching victory through discipline; he simply said, ‘Behold the Lamb. Check Him out. Follow Him.’

Happy is the day when a woman grasps the fact that spiritual life has nothing to do with her and everything to do with God. Happy is the day when a man finally realizes all he has to say is, ‘I don’t know why You put up with a grasshopper like me, but Lord, if You want to allow me to be in ministry, if You want to give me a family, if You want to bless me in countless ways — that’s OK with me!’

Don’t let anyone sell you a bill of goods, saying, ‘The reason I’m so successful is because I pray night and day. And the reason you will never be part of the chosen few is because you don’t.’

Any man, any woman can leave here tonight to be used mightily and blessed exceedingly beyond anything they could ask or even think if they would just learn to say, ‘I believe You, Lord.’

Contrary to what many teach, the deceitfulness of sin is always saying, ‘I’ve got to do more. I’ve got to be bigger, stronger, better in my spiritual walk so that I can battle the giants ahead of me.’

No, God says that’s the sin which will keep you out.

Dear saint, it’s all about God’s work for you, not your work for Him.

Fix your eyes on Jesus.
Be blown away by Him.
Behold the Lamb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate