Is God your hearts treasure? ~ David McGee



Acts 14:11
"Now when the people saw what Paul had done, they raised their voices, saying in the Lycaonian language, "The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men! And Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. Then, the priest of Zeus, whose temple was in front of their city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, intending to sacrifice with the multitudes."
NKJV

Life Lesson
Worship God and God alone.

We should be careful of worshiping others. "Pastor David, what do you mean 'be careful of worshiping others'? We live in an enlightened age; we are way beyond idol worship." Oh, Really? What about... NASCAR, MTV and Hollywood celebrities? Some people idolize Oprah or Dr. Phil; others worship movie stars, rock stars and athletes... All of which are people just like you and me. How easy it is to get sidetracked and take our eyes off the Lord! Some folks worship their children. They allow their children to decide what they do and when they do it.
Do not worship Mary, saints or angels. Angels are very sensitive to people worshipping them. Why? Because they saw many other angels get kicked out of heaven for rebelling. (Rev. 19:10; 22:9)
Be careful of worshipping people. Jesus said, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:21, NKJV) So, where is your treasure? In Hollywood? In Wall Street? Then, I have to ask, where is your heart?
Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Please forgive me for placing other people and things ahead of You in my life. Please show me where I have idols and help me to get rid of them. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate