Hearing loss ~ Jon Courson


Seeing ye are dull of hearing.
Hebrews 5:11

The term translated ‘dull of hearing’ is the word for ‘ignorant’ in Greek. But the ignorance spoken of is not due to never hearing. Rather, the ignorance spoken of is the result of ignoring. In other words, when truth was shared, the response was, ‘Big deal. I don’t care what you say. I have my own perspective.’

There are those who say, ‘I’m just not getting anything out of Bible study. I go to church, but nothing registers with me. I read the Bible, but it just seems like ink on paper.’ Why? It could very well be because they are those who are dull of hearing. Why? Because God spoke to them a week ago, a month ago, a year ago concerning something they were to do. But they ignored it. Why, then, would God keep speaking to them if they refused to do those things He already made clear to them?

It is a loving Father who says, ‘Jon, I’m going to make it real simple: when you do step 1, I’ll take you to step 2. When you do what I ask, when you incorporate what I show you — then I’ll take you further down the road. But I’m not going to keep on heaping instruction and insight upon you if you’re only going to ignore what I’ve already told you.’

Dear saint, what’s the last thing God told you to do? Have you done it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate