The God of Our Convictions ~ Raul Ries


“But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.”

Daniel 3:18

Martin Luther, in his loneliness, on his way to the Diet of Worms to appear before King Charles V and the Roman Prelate and all the princes assembled around, said, “My cause shall be commanded to the Lord for He lives and reigns who preserved the three children in the furnace of the Babylonian King. If He is unwilling to preserve me, my life is a small thing compared with Christ. Expect anything of me except flight or recantation. I will not flee much less recant. So may the Lord Jesus deliver me.” And he did not say, “So may the Lord make it easy for me.” And he concluded his response with the words, “Here, I stand, I can do no other. So help me God.”

Thought for the Day:

Let nothing come between you and God;
Let God come between you and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate