All things are possible in Him ~ Mark Balmer








Based on “Under HIS Influence—Changed Lives” by Pastor Mark Balmer;

9/26-27/09, Message #MB390; Daily Devotional #6 - “Never Say Never”



Preparing the Soil (Introduction): But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things –and the things that are not –to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him. (1 Corinthians 1:27-29). God works in mysterious ways; His ways are past finding out! I remember some years back, I was witnessing to a friend’s husband, and it was not the first time the Gospel was presented to him. That man made a statement that totally stunned me. He said he prayed that we all lived long enough to see that he will remain unchanged! Another lady used to engage in a lot of arguments to antagonize the Gospel of Jesus. She was very opinionated and totally against Christianity. As I listened to her one day in the company of some other believers, I wondered if God’s Word would ever get through to this woman. Well, the Holy Spirit did in the process of time. This same woman has now graduated from Bible school; she is now a very sought after speaker/teacher. She takes the Gospel to the nations with zeal and authority, reaching out to unusual groups. With God, nothing is impossible! (Luke 1:37).



Planting and Watering the Seed (Growth): For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9). The Lord is the master planner, and He holds the whole world in His hands. He is always in the business of changing lives. One changed life can influence many more and win souls into the kingdom. The Lord often changes our plans so we can be part of His bigger plan. God can bring to pass things that are otherwise impossible, and He desires to use us if we remain flexible and willing. We cannot give up on anyone. When Saul became Paul in the book of Acts and took the Gospel to the nations, he manifested the glory and omnipotence of God. God uses us as instruments, but it is the Holy Spirit that convicts and draws men to Christ. Our own strength does not have anything to do with it.



Harvesting the Crop (Action/Response): Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God and there is no other, I am God and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. (Isaiah 46:9-10). God’s plans unfold every day. He is looking for willing and flexible “vessels” to use in accomplishing His purposes. We should prayerfully make our plans, allowing them to be subject to change by the Master planner. Our God can use our lives to reach out to and influence many others. God is able to open doors before us, and He makes a way where there seems to be no way.


Cultivating (Additional Reading): Isaiah 43:14-19; Isaiah 55:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate