All or not enough ~ David McGee





1 Chronicles 16:3

"And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine."
KJV

Life Lesson

We should offer God our lives not just pieces of it.

We have a tendency to compartmentalize our lives don't we? We find ourselves saying, "This part of my life belongs to my family, this other part belongs to my job, this section belongs to my wife and kids, and I've set this part aside for God."

That sounds very religious and sacrificial but should Melekh HaOlam (Hebrew for the King of the Universe), our Creator, Lord and Savior, be relegated to a portion of your life? That's not sacrifice. Sacrifice occurs when we lay down our whole life for God, not a portion of it. But, you may ask, "How do I know when I'm giving too much?" Friend, you will never out give God.

When we sacrifice for God, He always meets our needs. There is a blessing in giving our lives to God that cannot and does not come in any other way. Don't hold back. Give your whole life to God. I'm reminded of the story of a man, of little means, sitting in a church pew as the offering plate was passed. When the usher reached him with the offering plate, the man motioned for the usher to lower the plate. The man motioned again and again until finally, the plate was on the floor, at which point, the man stepped into the plate and said..."This is all I've got, but He's got all of me."

So, tell me friend. Does He have all of you?

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You that Your mercy endures forever and is available to me. Lord, I need your mercy and grace right now. I confess to You that I have not always given You all my life. Lord, I want to give You ALL of my life, not just a portion. I surrender my life to You. Forgive me for losing focus. I want to worship You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate