Serving in ministry with someone provides a great foundation for a deeper relationship~David MCGee


Romans 16:5-6

"Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia to Christ. Greet Mary, who labored much for us."
NKJV

Life Lesson

Serving in ministry with someone provides a great foundation for a deeper relationship.

One of the things that makes Calvary Chapel of the Triad different from most other churches, is we have no formal membership. I do not see it in the Bible, and I believe that membership tends to be more of a barrier anyway. Membership means somebody has to decide who is in and who is out. I am not going to do that.

So, what makes someone a part of Calvary Chapel of the Triad? It is really quite simple. It's getting involved and doing something. You see, whether your name is on some membership roll or not, doesn't mean squat if you are not involved. Let me throw this example your way and see if it makes sense. At the end of a play, who do you see on stage taking a bow?

Here is a hint: It is not the audience. It is the actors and actresses. When you watch the credits at the end of a movie, who do they list?

Here is another hint: it is not the audience. It is everyone who actively played a part in making the film. If you are an active part of this church, then guess what? Here is a hint: you are not the audience. That's right; you are an active participant or component of this mighty work of God.

But that is not all. Oh, no... there is much more to it. There are benefits to "participation" such as a changed life, a deeper relationships with others and protection from the enemy.

It is an important day in the life of a believer when they begin to step out and serve God and others.

Real growth begins to happen and soon you realize that not only has your relationship with others deepened, but your relationship with God has as well. That is not just this church. I'm not saying you have to come to this church to have a deeper relationship with God. Serve wholeheartedly at the church you attend and prepare to be blown away by what happens.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus, that I can know the ONE true relationship. Lord, I find at times it is difficult to share my life with others. Help me to share my life with others, as well as to give and receive love in those relationships. Empower me with the boldness to step out and serve alongside them. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad

Translate