‘No, Paul. When you are weak, then My strength is manifested. My grace is sufficient for you’ ~Jon Courson











But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly. Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants. For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick. For indeed he was sick nigh unto death ...
Philippians 2:24-27
Epaphroditus was the man the Philippians sent to encourage and to bring financial assistance to Paul. ‘I’m sending him back your way,’ said Paul, ‘because he was concerned that you might be worried about his condition, having heard he had been sick.’

What? Epaphroditus was sick when he was with Paul — Paul, the one whose sweatbands were used to bring healing to people; Paul, the one who laid his hands on people and they recovered; Paul, the one who was known for moving in the miraculous. Why didn’t Paul heal Epaphroditus immediately? For the same reason he didn’t heal Trophimus (II Timothy 4:20), or Timothy (I Timothy 5:23), or even himself (II Corinthians 12:7).

Ultimately, everyone will be healed, for by Jesus’ stripes, we are all healed (Isaiah 53:5). The only question is timing. When they ask for healing, some are healed immediately. Others, five years later. Others, not until they get to heaven. Healing has nothing to do with a person’s spirituality or faith. It has everything to do with God’s sovereignty.

Three times Paul prayed for deliverance, only to hear the Lord say, ‘No, Paul. When you are weak, then My strength is manifested. My grace is sufficient for you’ (II Corinthians 12:9). Thus, I encourage those who are afflicted to follow Paul’s model, to pray 3 times, 30 times, or 300 times —until they receive what they’re asking for or until they have a peace in their heart which says, ‘This is what the Lord has for me, and I can embrace it.’

Translate