Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ~Jon Courson











Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 1:3
‘We’re blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places,’ Paul writes jubilantly from his prison cell, ‘and they’re all in Christ’ — not from Christ, but in Christ. The blessings we crave are not promises we pray for, but a Person we walk with.

‘Oh, Lord,’ we say, ‘I need some bread.’
‘I am the Bread,’ Jesus answers (John 6:35)

‘Show me the way,’ we cry.
‘I am the Way,’ Jesus declares (John 14:6).

‘Tell me the truth,’ we pray.
‘I am the Truth,’ Jesus proclaims (John 14:6).

We think we need help in this area or deliverance from that thing. We think we need satisfaction in a profession or blessing in a relationship, little knowing that our heart’s desire will only be truly fulfilled in Jesus. How do I know? Because II Corinthians 1 ends by saying, ‘Yea, all the promises of God are in Him yea and amen.’ All the promises of God are fulfilled in Him, in Jesus.

Two nights ago, with Tammy away at a pastors’ wives conference and the kids tucked in, I grabbed my Bible and had the best time reading Isaiah 54 as I walked the streets of Jacksonville. God spoke to me through each phrase as I stopped under the streetlights to read another verse and marvel how it related to me. I returned home awed at how the Lord walked with me in the evening hour.

Do I tell you this to impress you? No. I say it because you can find the same thing tonight. Turn off the TV. Put down the Time magazine. Grab your Bible, go for a walk, and I promise you God will meet you.

Translate