We should bear good fruit~David McGee


Saturday, July 18th 2009
---------------------

Romans 6:21-22

"What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life."
NKJV

Life Lesson

We should bear good fruit.

---------------------

The fruit we used to bear is common to this world. Its harvest is death. Now, as Christians our fruit should be spiritual - freaky fruit if you will - peculiar in this world. However you phrase it, the outpouring of a Christian's life is extraordinary compared to the works of the world.

I'm sure we've all heard the question, "If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" While that's a great question, let's take it a step further. Would the case be built on circumstantial evidence, "His family was seen entering church on Sunday morning" - "her car has a fish on the bumper?" Maybe the case would be built on direct evidence, "He has shared his faith with me and with others."

Friend, it should be a mix of both. Good fruit is the visible effect of our Christian life - sharing your faith, serving the Lord. Good fruit is also the invisible affect of our Christian life on others - "I want the same joy that she has" - "her upbeat attitude is such a blessing at work." Jesus told us to be salt and light. Salt cultivates thirst. Does your life leave the people around you thirsty for Jesus?

Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." NKJV

Dear Father,
Thank You for freeing me from my sins. Please remind me of that freedom when I feel like a slave to the world. Give me the power to live my life according to Your will. Thank You for the gifts that You place within me to serve others. Lord, help me to be good fruit and give me a boldness to share my faith with others. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate