The way to walk in peace is to be spiritually and heavenly minded.~David McGee


Tuesday, July 28th 2009
---------------------

Romans 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
NKJV

Life Lesson

The way to walk in peace is to be spiritually and heavenly minded.

---------------------

Who or what is controlling your life? To be carnally minded (self-centered) is death. To be spiritually minded (Christ-centered) is life and peace. According to Romans 8, when you are out of rest, you are not in the Spirit. Do you have peace? If you do not have peace, do not blame it on the world or others; the blame lies with you. When you surrender to God, you do not have to surrender to your flesh. Live the Spirit-led life and you will live according to God's will and in God's power.

John 13:8-9 Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet!" Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me." Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!" NKJV

Life, in its fullest, comes through being led by the Lord. Fellowship is broken with God when you sin. You are still His child, but sin is in the way. Confess your sin to Jesus and let Him wash you clean. Then, you will be able to enjoy His presence.

What are you living for? Your reason for living should be set apart from the rest of the world. If you live for the riches of the world, you may be alive in the body, but you are dead in your spirit. Live for God! As an heir to the riches in Christ, you will enjoy the fullness of joy that comes through walking in the calling of God.

Dear Father,
Thank You for the awesome riches You have given me through Your son, Jesus Christ. Please give me wisdom and discernment as I seek to follow after You. I want to walk in the joy and peace You have given me. Set me apart to do Your will for my life and help me to live a surrendered, Spirit-filled life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate