Our Goal is to Please God~David McGee


Friday, July 10th 2009
---------------------

Colossians 1:10

"that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;"

Life Lesson

Our goal is to please God.

---------------------

Pastor D.A. did an incredible job teaching Thursday night. I relish these opportunities to see how the Lord is expressing Himself in the lives of the assisting pastors and receive from them. What? You mean the Senior Pastor can receive from the Lord through the Assisting Pastors? Yes sir - that is exactly what I mean - and you will receive through them, too. God's Word does not return void and the same Holy Spirit that speaks through me speaks through them. Now, let me share something I received through Pastor D.A. last night.

This is a Bible teaching church. We will never have service and read through a book other than the Bible. I've heard people say that they've learned more in three months here than in three years somewhere else. That is due to our verse by verse and chapter by chapter approach to the Bible. All that we are learning is not to make us better, smarter, more well adjusted. It is to please God. We are learning about God and how to follow Jesus. We are learning about characteristics we should see in our life to please God. That is what this is all about.

Revelation 4:11 "You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created." NLT

Every time we live for our own pleasure sooner or later we will come to regret it. That is because our lives are meant to please God and not ourselves. It is a good thing to pray that we live a life that is pleasing to Him.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You that through Your Son I have forgiveness of my sins. Fill me with the knowledge of Your will with all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Help me to live my life pleasing to You and be fruitful in every good work. Lord, I surrender my life to Your will. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate