The fact that we want to do good is God.~David McGee


Thursday, July 23rd 2009
---------------------

Romans 7:15

"For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do."
NKJV

Life Lesson

The fact that we want to do good is God.

---------------------

If you think you cannot identify with this statement, then you need to look in a mirror. The Apostle Paul, who wrote Romans and much of the New Testament, is being open and honest with his struggles... and we can also. We all struggle with doing wrong things. In fact, if it was not for God working through us, every attempt of our hands would be blameworthy. We all want to do well, but many times we give in to our flesh and end up doing wrong. The only way we can transact righteousness is by consequence of God in us. It is not just the 'doing'. Your appetite to affect virtue is an indication that God is working.

Philippians 2:13 "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." NKJV

The fact that you went to church this week shows God at work in you. Your reading this devotion is affirmation. You are hungry for something more. Every time you do something good, you can know and believe that God is working in you. My Christian friend, take heart and be encouraged. The Creator of all the universe sees Jesus reflected in you.

Dear Father,
Thank You for Your love. Thank You for working through my insufficient efforts to produce something that is glorifying and profitable for Your kingdom. Please present me with greater opportunities to do right. I know that it is only through Your strength that I can do them. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate