>LAST GENERATION< "Good News" EARLY MORNING FEATURED DEVOTIONAL #1 Thursday May 3 2012 Iyar 11, 5772

Billy Graham's Daily Devotion

Seeing Our Need

MAY 3, 2012

Only a fool would say to himself, ‘There is no God.’ And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin.
–Psalm 53:1 (TLB)

 

We live like a little ant on this little speck of dust out in space. We get a Ph.D. degree and we strut across the stage and say, “Well, I don’t know whether or not there is a God.” And we can’t even control ourselves. We can’t even keep from blowing ourselves apart. We can’t even keep from manufacturing nuclear weapons that could destroy the world. We can’t even keep from hating each other, and fighting with each other, and killing each other. We can’t even keep from stealing from each other. We can’t even keep from dying, because all of us are going to die. No wonder the Bible says, “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God,” because a man that would deny the existence of God is a fool.

 

PRAYER FOR THE DAY

Almighty God, help me to live in such a way, that when I tell others of Your existence, they will be drawn to acknowledge and receive You.

 

5 COMMENTS

Christine HaiyanJin says 4.28.2012, 03:03 a.m.

Dear lord God almighty, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit,Thank thee for accepting and hearing my father's confession of sins and cure his body soul and spirit and his influence to receive thy granted baptism into God the Father God the son Jesus Christ H.S.

Jennifer says 5.3.2011, 3:01 p.m.

Thank you and your family for spreading the Word of God. I can remember growing up and watching Mr Graham with my grandma and grandpa. I know my grandma accepted the Lord before she passed, I pray that at some point my grandpa did before he died and I feel in my heart that grandpa found the Lord through Mr. Graham. I feel a connection to Mr Graham and I hope that is God telling me that my grandpa is in heaven. I pray I see him again one day.

Bob says 5.3.2011, 10:15 a.m.

God be merciful to me a sinner.

Joe says 5.3.2011, 08:35 a.m.

Please Lord soften all of our sinful hearts so they may trust in your love for us.

Gerry says 5.3.2011, 06:51 a.m.

Sadly fallen man is a sinner and as long as we remain on earth we will continue to sin. That does not give use license to to sin however. We must do our best, daily, to fight sin and utilize God's power to do our best to overcome temptation to sin. God only asks for our best effort and he is faithful to forgive.

POST A COMMENT
REQUEST PRAYER

BGEA encourages you to participate in this discussion; however, please be aware that your comment will not appear immediately. Also be aware that we reserve the right to edit comments for spelling, grammar and clarity. User comments that include personal attacks or other inappropriate comments will not be approved for posting. Thank you for your patience.

Translate